Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ch 1: The Early Days




One of the first things I did after I was left on my own, was go buy ingredients for baking. So many ideas were coming to mind; chocolate, coconut, bananas, hazelnuts...
After much contemplation I settled upon chocolate chip hazelnut cookies and whole wheat banana coconut chocolate chip muffins.  Both turned out awesome flavor-wise, but I left the toasted hazelnuts whole in the cookies and I think for the future I would at least chop them, if not use the food processor to grind them and make them into more of a hazelnut flour.  I left the baked goods in containers on the kitchen counter with a note telling everyone to enjoy and also to offer feedback. All feedback received was good, so I know at least for now I will be making the muffins again.

No comments:

Post a Comment